2 Day Course; ‘Workplace Conflict Management; Effective early intervention in the Workplace’. The aim of this course is to provide an introduction to mediation skills for staff working in a supervisory capacity, or who are in a primarily client-facing role and wish to learn or refine their conflict management skills.
Mediation is a process whereby a neutral third-party assists people to resolve their dispute through the use of specialized communication and negotiation techniques. Mediation can be used to resolve a dispute already in litigation, and also to intervene at a much earlier stage to bring about peace, restore productivity and cooperation.
Workplace mediation is a specialization involving the resolution of workplace conflict including team-based, interpersonal, inter-departmental, agency and organizational. This course will provide managers with an understanding of what workplace mediation is, how it can be incorporated into an effective grievance procedure, while introducing managers to the tools and techniques mediators use to recognize and resolve conflict.The course will also workshop scenarios where conflict can be avoided by careful preparation for difficult conversations.
“The course was expertly run and provided comprehensive overview of the skills, knowledge and attitude required to carry out Mediation Skills in the active role of a manager. The course was well paced, was highly participatory and the content provided was both timely and relevant. I would highly recommend both ARC Mediation and their course to any prospective clients”
– Leigh, Engineering Manager for an IT Multinational (April 2019)
Organisation; Arc Mediation, team of 2 trainers
Trainers: Dr Roisin O’Shea & Shane Dempsey
Region; South East & Dublin
Duration; 16 Hours (2 day course) 9:30 to 5:30 each day
Price; Individual companies should contact ARC for a quotation.
Course is also offered through Waterford Chamber Skillnet. Contact Audrey Barry for more information.
(price includes training materials, lunch and refreshments)
This course is aimed at businesses (small, large & semi-state) that wish to equip their staff with conflict management skills, and to explore possible resolutions to existing organisational conflict.
The target attendees are staff that act in a supervisory or managerial capacity who want to improve their ability to recognize and deal with conflict in their organization. Staff that routinely deal with grievance procedures and wish to understand how to use mediation effectively.
Upcoming Dates & Venues
|Waterford||May 15th and May 22nd
Venue; Waterford Marine Search & Rescue
- An overview of Alternative Dispute Resolution processes in general and mediation in particular;
- An understanding of the legal basis for workplace and commercial mediation in Ireland, including the Mediation Act 2017;
- A theoretical understanding of conflict and practical tools to manage conflict in your workplace;
- Introduction to Mediation skills, including effective listening and questioning;
- How workplace mediation can be an effective tool to address productivity issues and mitigate the risk & costs of litigation.
- Introduction to the mediation process
- Legal Context for Mediation in Ireland
- The Theory of Conflict including psychological models of conflict
- Having difficult conversations at work
- Mediation Skills
- Workplace Mediation within a Grievance Procedures
- Conflict management roleplays & discussion